Apple recently announced that their latest smartphones; the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus,
and iPhone 14 Max would be eSIM only if purchased in the United States.
Apple has supported eSIM for several years now thanks to their Dual SIM technology, but with the latest announcement that their newest iPhone will be eSIM only in the USA, it’s safe to say that eSIM is the future the cell phone market is heading towards.
If you love to travel, then you’ve felt the sting of costly roaming charges from your local service provider. When you want to stay connected to loved ones away from home it’s important to find the best way possible to avoid those expensive roaming fees.
Thankfully, with eSIM and iPhone Dual SIM technology found in Apple devices, setting up a second eSIM data plan alongside your primary cellphone coverage is easy.
Still interested in saving money using eSIM?
Let’s dive into how this technology can keep money in your pocket.
Apple Products Compatible with eSIM
iPhones that support eSIM technology with Dual SIM:
- iPhone 15 pro & 15 pro max
- iPhone 14 & 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro & 14 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (3rd Gen)
- iPhone 13 & 13 Mini
- iPhone 13 Pro & Pro Max
- iPhone 12 & 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro & 12 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd Gen)
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS & XS Max
iPads (Wifi + Cellular Models) that support eSIM technology (Dual SIM not supported on iPad):
- iPad Mini (5th Generation or later)
- iPad (7th Generation or later)
- iPad Air (3rd Generation or later)
- iPad Pro 11 inch (All generations)
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch (3rd Generation or later)
Apple iPhone Dual SIM lets you:
- Utilize separate voice and data plans
- Assign a new data plan with a carrier in the region you are travelling to
- Keep a separate business number on your home phone
While Dual SIM will only let you use one data plan at a time, iOS13 and later allow you to use both phone numbers to send & receive iMessages, MMS, and SMS messages. You can even make phone calls with both of your assigned numbers.
Want to setup eSIM on your iPhone with Globalesim.app? Let’s walk you through the process.
Make sure to verify that your phone is unlocked by your service provider. Also, when setting up eSIM you need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Setting up eSIM with Globalesim.app on supported iPads & Dual SIM iPhones:
- Visit Globalesim.app on your web browser and pick the eSIM plan that is right for you.
- Once you have selected and purchased a plan you will receive a QR code.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the camera app and scan the QR code.
- When the Cellular Plan Detected notification appears, tap it.
- Tap Continue, at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Add Cellular Plan.
Once you have activated your eSIM plan from Globalesim.app you will want to set it up as your secondary plan on your iPhone/iPad:
- You will be asked to label your new Globalesim.app plan. iOS will give you several default options or you can create your own custom label.
- If you wish to change your label in the future, you can go to Settings, tap either Cellular or Mobile Data, then tap the number whose label you want to change. Then tap Cellular Plan Label and select a new label.
So, what are you waiting for?
Apple’s eSIM technology makes adding a local plan to your iPhone or iPad as easy as scanning a QR code. With Globalesim.app, you will have access to competitive rates that will save you money and let you focus on your vacation while staying in contact with friends and family.